Yasssss! We got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! How cool is this?!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is awarded by bloggers to new bloggers to recognize their achievements and to offer support. Blogging can be a lonely lifestyle, so it’s good to know that there is this huge community of bloggers supporting each other.
We got nominated by Stephanie from theatlasedit. This is such a fun experience and we are happy that we could join! A big THANKS!
What are the rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate eleven new blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post or on your blog.
Stephanie got eleven questions for us which weren’t all easy to answer. We did enjoy it though and we took a moment to remember the travels we made (menn, we have seen so much already.. feeling blessed!)
Are you ready to get to know more about dutchies on the Go?
- What is your favorite part about traveling?
The best part of traveling is meeting new people, learning more about other cultures and trying delicious meals all over the world!
- Which is the most overrated country / city you have visited in your opinion?
We just wrote a blog about it; this is definitely Trinidad in Cuba. Oh, and on the second place you can find Marrakech.
- Where is the best food you have ever had?
Oeff, this one is so difficult! Chinese pancakes in Chongqing, Japanese Kobe beef and shaved ice in Okinawa, the coconut drink in Hong Kong, the dried mango’s in Cebu, the pasta in Cinque Terre, the Arabic food in Dubai and Oman, the chocolate mint dessert in South Africa, the banana pudding of Magnolia’s Bakery in NY.. Saaawry, we can’t choose just one!
- What is your most spontaneous travel story?
Denise wanted to go to Okinawa, Japan, for such a long time. When she found a great deal she just booked her ticket straight away. When Denise and Pascal got in touch and he heard about Okinawa he sorted out everything. In the end he decided to join her on her travels! After booking the tickets, the first question was “How are you when traveling?”. Oops, we just knew each other for less than a month!
- Do you have any travel regrets?
Only one and it’s about a souvenir which Denise decided “to buy later”. Unfortunately this souvenir is still in China, at the market..
- How do you usually decide on where your next travel destination will be?
We both have a huge bucket list and decide yearly where we will go. Sometimes we win tickets, like we did for Cuba. Then it is not hard to decide.
- What is something not many people know about your home country?
A lot of Dutchies eat a simple sandwich with cheese for lunch. Lunch time is always around 12PM, dinner time is 5PM / 6 PM.
Oh and since this year, it can become very hot. We reached temperatures of 38 degrees already, whoop!
- What made you start travel blogging?
After our trip to Okinawa we had a long stopover in China. We couldn’t do anything on social media, so we started to talk about traveling. At that moment Denise already had a health blog, so when we started to talk about sharing stories and pictures, it didn’t take long before dutchies on the Go was born.
- What is your favorite and least favorite part about travel blogging?
Favorite part is that we can share a bit of this beautiful world and the lessons learned during our trips. Least favorite part is that one blog can take hours to write!
- What are your long-term goals for your blog and what do you want to achieve out of it?
We would love to travel the world and earn money with our blog. But who doesn’t?
- What makes your blog unique?
We keep it simple and it’s our goal to write one-stop travel blogs.
Our questions for our eleven nominees
- What is your favorite country / city in the world?
- Where did you eat the most delicious meal?
- Where didn’t you like the food at all?
- Which destinations are in your bucket list top five?
- What makes your blog unique?
- What is your goal with your blog?
- Have you ever decided to quit blogging?
- On which social media channels do you focus?
- What do you like the most about blogging?
- How many hours per week do you spend on your blog?
- Which destination should be on our bucket list according to your experiences / travels and why?
Our top eleven nominees
CONGRATULATIONS! You have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Yul never roam alone
- The Adventures of MiSa
- The Good fame
- Adventures After Coffee
- Digital Travel Business
- My Red Sabbatical
- Reislustige Loonslaaf
- Viva La Vagabonds
Last note to our nominees
I hope you enjoy answering these questions and do continue to pass this on to your own selected eleven nominees! We would love to keep this going and encourage one another in this community.
Please leave a comment here after you have done your own post so I can see your answers to my questions!